These questions and answers are meant to guide you in our new learning environment. Given the evolving situation, information provided in this document may change. Should you have any feedback or questions, please reach out to the appropriate offices listed at the end of this document.
What is ULAP?
- ULAP stands for University Learning Alternative Platform. It is Baliuag University’s cloud-based and technology-enabled mode of delivering instruction.
- ULAP is a scheme and means to make teaching and learning happen during this pandemic time.
- It is a form of online delivery of instructions to ensure there is learning continuity for the students of Baliuag University even during times of disruption.
- ULAP will be powered by the following Learning Management Systems (LMS):
Campus Cloud™ for Kinder to Grade 10 levels
Canvas™ for Senior High School, College and Graduate levels
Why is there a need for ULAP?
- It is our response to the challenges brought about by the global pandemic as it will provide a viable and flexible alternative to face-to-face classes.
- We are confronted with the realities of the “new normal” which has disrupted learning.
- Going ULAP mode is the best way to push forward education of students in all levels during this prolonged health crisis.
How long will ULAP be?
- Baliuag University is ready to go on ULAP mode as long as it takes.
- We may return to face-to-face classes when it is declared safe by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Education (DepEd).
What do I need for ULAP?
- A reliable internet connection. However, mobile data may also be used to access content. At least 2 GB of mobile data per week is sufficient to complete requirements under the asynchronous (not real time) setup.
- Any of the following:
- desktop computer (preferred)
- laptop (preferred)
- smart phone
What will be the teaching and learning setup at home under ULAP?
- Learning can take place even without face-to-face classes.
- Lessons per subject will be delivered in two ways:
Synchronous – where teaching happens in real-time through the use of video conferencing, chat discussions, among others. Students attend a live conference, chat with the teachers and/or watch recorded video discussions on a scheduled basis.
Asynchronous – where content materials and learning tasks are uploaded in Canvas to be accessed by students at their own time. Students can download these content materials and do learning tasks offline.
What is Canvas?
- Canvas is the official Learning Management System (LMS), used in BU Senior High School, College and Graduate Studies since 2017, to support online learning and teaching.
- Canvas provides a private, electronic and mobile means to have scholarly interactions even outside the classroom.
- Teachers and students can do activities typically done in class, such as discussions, chat, conduct quizzes, take exams, give and submit assignments, and collaborate on projects.
- Discussions may also be done thru various means like Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams which are all integrated in Canvas*.
*To learn more about CANVAS by Instructure, visit https://community.canvaslms.com/
What will I learn under ULAP?
- All subjects prescribed under the Department of Education’s (DepEd) Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELC), enhanced and enriched by BU teachers to prepare you for college.
What is the grading system under ULAP?
- The grading system will follow that of a regular term as stated in the Student Handbook.
How can I apply and enroll?
- For Grade 11 (New Students)
- Apply online. Please visit baliuagu.edu.ph/onlineapplication
- For Grade 12 (Old Students)
- Old students will be automatically enlisted.
- No need to apply online and reserve for slot.
- Assessment will be available when you enroll.
- For Grade 12 Transferees
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Your email should provide the following:
- Full Name of Student
- Grade 11 Strand
- Contact Number of Student
- Name of Parent or Guardian
- Contact Number of Parent or Guardian
- Grade 11 Report Card
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Where / How do I pay my reservation, tuition and other fees?
- For your safety and convenience, payment may be done online, please visit baliuagu.edu.ph/onlinepayment
- Or you may pay at the Finance Office starting June 9, 2020, following the IATF and LGU physical distancing guidelines and safety protocols.
Will tuition and miscellaneous fees be less under ULAP?
- Yes. There will be a reduction in total school fees under ULAP.
Will the DepEd SHS Voucher Program be honored for ULAP?
- Yes, the SHS Voucher Program of the Department of Education will be honored.
- DepEd SHS Voucher Program recipients include:
- All Grade 10 completers from public schools
- All Grade 10 ESC grantees and completers from private schools
Will BU scholars and grantees still get the usual support and discounts in ULAP enrollment?
- Yes, BU academic scholars and Loyalty discount grantees will still enjoy the same benefits as stated in the Scholarship and Financial Support Policies of the University.
What are the important events and dates to remember?
Online application for Grade 11
Ongoing, visit baliuagu.edu.ph/onlineapplication
Start of enrollment (Online or In-Campus)
For Grade 11 and 12 students June 16, 2020
For Grade 12 Transferees July 21, 2020
June 2020 In-Campus* Office Schedule
*subject to IATF, LGU safety guidelines and protocol
Opening of Offices – June 9, 2020 (Tuesday)
National Holiday (No office) – June 12, 2020 (Friday)
Business Days – Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Business Hours – 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Start of School Year under ULAP – August 3, 2020
If I have other questions, who can I ask?
Direct Line: (044) 766 0390