These questions and answers are meant to guide you in our new learning environment. Given the evolving situation, information provided in this document may change. Should you have any feedback or questions, please reach out to the appropriate offices listed at the end of this document.
What is ULAP?
- ULAP stands for University Learning Alternative Platform. It is Baliuag University’s cloud-based and technology-enabled mode of delivering instruction.
- ULAP is a scheme and means to make teaching and learning happen during this pandemic time.
- It is a form of online delivery of instruction to ensure there is learning continuity for the students of Baliuag University even during times of disruption.
- ULAP will be powered by the following Learning Management Systems (LMS):
Campus Cloud™ for Kinder to Grade 10 levels
Canvas™ for Senior High School, College and Graduate levels
Why is there a need for ULAP?
- It is our response to the challenges brought about by the global pandemic as it will provide a viable and flexible alternative to face-to-face classes.
- We are confronted with the realities of the “new normal” which has disrupted learning.
- Going ULAP mode is the best way to push forward the education of students in all levels during this prolonged health crisis.
How long will ULAP be?
- Baliuag University is ready to go on ULAP mode as long as it takes.
- We may return to face-to-face classes when it is declared safe by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF), Department of Health (DOH) and Department of Education (DepEd).
What will my child need for ULAP?
- A reliable internet connection. However, mobile data may also be used to access content. At least 2 GB of mobile data per week is sufficient to complete requirements under the asynchronous (not real time) setup.
- Any of the following:
- desktop computer (preferred)
- laptop (preferred)
- smart phone
What will be the teaching and learning set-up for my child at home using ULAP?
- In the ULAP, lessons per subject will be delivered in two ways:
Synchronous – where teaching happens in real-time through the use of video conferencing, chat discussions, among others. Pupils attend a live conference, chat with the teachers and/or watch recorded video discussions on a scheduled basis.
Asynchronous – where content materials and learning tasks are uploaded in Campus Cloud to be accessed by pupils at their own time. Pupils can download these content materials and do learning tasks offline.
What is Campus Cloud under ULAP?
- Campus Cloud is a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides the software tools that houses the lessons and other learning activities of the pupil.
- In short, it is the pupils’ classroom online.
How will teaching happen in ULAP?
- Learning will take place online instead of face-to-face classes.
- The online classroom will be created wherein:
- Multimedia resources can be accessed.
- Discussions can take place.
- Online quizzes and exams can be given with monitoring from teachers.
- Your child can choose when, where, and how they learn by selecting the time and pace for their lessons.
What will my child learn under ULAP?
- All subjects prescribed under the Department of Education’s (DepEd) Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELC), enhanced and enriched by their BU teachers.
How will my child be graded in ULAP?
- The grading system will follow that of a regular term as stated in the Student Handbook.
- All grades earned under the ULAP mode will be included in the computation of grades for purposes of academic awards.
When will enrollment start for this School Year 2020-2021?
For Kindergarten – June 16 , 2020
For Grade 1 New students – June 16, 2020
For Grade 7 New students – June 16, 2020
For Old students – July 6, 2020
How do I enroll my child?
- Old students are automatically enlisted. You will receive notifications and instructions through email.
- New students and transferees can enroll online by June 16, 2020.
Where / How do I pay my child’s tuition and school fees?
- For your safety and convenience, payment may be done online, please visit baliuagu.edu.ph/onlinepayment
- Or you may pay at the Finance Office starting June 9, 2020, following the IATF and LGU physical distancing guidelines and safety protocols.
Will tuition and miscellaneous fees be less under ULAP?
- There will be a reduction in total school fees under ULAP.
Will there still be ESC subsidy for Incoming Grade 7 Students?
- Yes, all incoming Grade 7 students are automatic recipients of ESC subsidy.
Will DepEd ESC grants be honored for ULAP?
- Yes, the Educational Service Contracting (ESC) program for Grade 7 to 10 of the Department of Education will be honored.
Will BU scholars and grantees still get the usual support and discounts in ULAP enrollment?
- Yes, BU academic scholars and Loyalty discount grantees will still enjoy the same benefits as stated in the Scholarship and Financial Support Policies of the University.
What are the important events and dates to remember?
Online application for Kinder, Grade 1 and Grade 7
Ongoing, visit baliuagu.edu.ph/onlineapplication
Start of enrollment (Online or In-Campus)
For New Students June 16, 2020
For Transferees July 6, 2020
For Old Students July 6, 2020
In-Campus* Office Schedule
*subject to IATF, LGU safety guidelines and protocol
Business Days – Mondays to Saturdays
Business Hours – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Start of School Year under ULAP – August 3, 2020
If I have other questions, who can I ask?
BU Trunk Line: (044) 766-2045
Direct Line: (044) 766 0390