Baliuag University began as Baliuag Institute in 1925, a small high school with only 75 students. Baliuag Institute closed down during the Japanese occupation in 1941. It reopened two years later and went on to offer Junior Normal and Liberal Arts, both two-year courses, in 1946.
In 1947, the government elevated the school’s status from Institute to Junior College. Subsequent developments like campus improvements, new course offerings, and yearly growth of student population paved the way to another milestone – Baliuag Junior College became Baliuag Colleges in 1968.
In 2001, Baliuag Colleges was declared a university and granted a status of full autonomy by the Commission on Higher Education. As a result, it has become a self-regulated institution with most of its course offerings granted with Level III Course Accreditation Status. Such status gives the Baliuag University the freedom to offer new academic programs without the need for the approval of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). This status speaks of CHED’s confidence in Baliuag University’s capability to sustain high-quality educational programs.
Today, Baliuag University offers elementary, high school, college and graduate programs. For its students’ outstanding performance in board examinations, Baliuag University has been repeatedly ranked by the Professional Regulation Commission among the top universities in nursing, library science, engineering, and education board examinations.
Throughout its history, Baliuag University has stayed true to its founding vision, mission, and guiding philosophy – all of which play crucial roles in making Baliuag University one of the most respected, most innovative, and leading academic institutions in the region.